My Shoes

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
The Art of Frugal Living~CREATE, EAT, SHOP, SAVE, & LIVE a charmed life. This is a where I share how I lead a luxurious, yet frugal life. Friends don't keep beauty secrets. I'd love to introduce you to Younique's natural line of skincare are makeup! Save on the things you need so you can spend on the things that you WANT! Get $$$ tips on Facebook: Become Shoppertunistic~Coupon Class.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day {The Art of Frugal Living}


With Mother's Day, right around the corner
I wanted to offer you a bit of gift inspiration.

If you haven't read the book The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman, I STRONGLY encourage you to do so!

I will help you forever know the perfect gift for your loved one, including your Mama!

Basically, the premise of the book is that we feel love mostly by one {oftentimes by a few of the 
following categories}
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Physical Touch
Quality Time
Once you know how your loved one feels love you want to select a gift that fills their love tanks.

My love language is Receiving Gifts and it has taken me years to realize that just because I feel love this way, it doesn't mean everyone else does too.
I just LOVE to give gifts {and to get them of course too}!

Thank goodness my Mama and Mother in Law also have Receiving Gifts as their Love Language!

For them I used the treasure chest of goodies I have {and you do too at www.jewelkade.com/tiffanydirks}
to select Mother's Day gifts from.



 For my Mom I selected this Jewel Kade Bracelet




Paired with 4 Hand Stamped Pewter Charms {One for each Grandchild's Initial}


Then I added Swarovski Crystal birth charms for the Grand kids.

For my Mother in Law I selected this Small Lock charm with Small Ball Necklace 

We added a pewter "C" and an Antique Gold "J" {the Grandkids' initials}
&
An Antique Gold Key charm.

All of which can be found HERE.


Presentation is EVERYTHING!
I will be packaging my jewelry in these darling cans so it looks EXTRA charming!
Check out the full post on how to rock out this fab~frugal craft from Our Best Bites HERE.

Other ideas for
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Physical Touch
Quality Time
can depend on the special lady in your life!
Offer coupons to do things around the house or yard.
Make a special card filled with words of your love and appreciation.
We host a brunch every year for our Moms which can include a number of these love languages.

Whatever you do approaching you gift with this mindset will produce a gift from the heart!






Book a Jewel Kade Jewelry Party
or SHOP online HERE










No comments:

Post a Comment