My Shoes

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
The Art of Frugal Living~CREATE, EAT, SHOP, SAVE, & LIVE a charmed life. This is a where I share how I lead a luxurious, yet frugal life. Friends don't keep beauty secrets. I'd love to introduce you to Younique's natural line of skincare are makeup! Save on the things you need so you can spend on the things that you WANT! Get $$$ tips on Facebook: Become Shoppertunistic~Coupon Class.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Art of Frugal Living {KISS Craft}


I like to create one of a kind holiday decor at a frugal price tag!
I call it the "Art of Frugal Living."

This craft graces my mantle and cost $4 to make.
Have fun with it!



A gentle Irish reminder and play on words with "Kiss Me I'm Irish."

K.i.S.S.

Keep It simple sister



Let's Get Started! 


4 Glitter boxes {from Target $1 each. Buy as many as you'd like to make the word of your choice.}

FREE font from font space {Irish Uci Alaphabet}

From My Craft Closet
Crinkled green paper 
{gold would work nicely too. Can buy in most store's gift wrap section or make it with a paper shredder}

Gold & Green Ribbon
Glue stick
Scissors

How To

Print out word of your choice at Font Space
Choices could include but not limited to:





Blessed

An Irish family name
Irish
cheers
gold
lucky

Tie orange ribbon to side of handle.

Tie gold ribbon to the side of the handle.

Cut out letters.

Glue 1 letter/box. {Though I pictured rubber cement a glue stick works best}

Stuff with green paper.


Keep




it


simple


sister


Upgrade

You can upgrade this craft MANY ways! Since my tv hangs directly above these boxes I couldn't add anything else.

A few of my favorites include
ANYTHING on a stick!
Take a shis-ka-bob skewer paint it with glue.
Roll it in green glitter and attach one of these darling FREE printables




OR 

If you'd prefer more of a vintage feel check out these pinwheels featured on


It's a FULL Tutorial! 
I would do vintage inspired printed paper with vintage buttons.  
Finally I would do a thin line of glue around the perimeter of the pinwheel 
and dip it into green or gold glitter! 

I will be making these pinwheels for another part of my home.
Giddy! 

There you have it!
Enjoy!











3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including out printabels here! :)

    LOVE the tute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including our St. Patrick's Day FREE printables link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany! I just gave your blog a Versatile Blogger award! I hope you will stop by my blog and accept it. www.itsybelle.com

    ReplyDelete