My Shoes

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
The Art of Frugal Living~CREATE, EAT, SHOP, SAVE, & LIVE a charmed life. This is a where I share how I lead a luxurious, yet frugal life. Friends don't keep beauty secrets. I'd love to introduce you to Younique's natural line of skincare are makeup! Save on the things you need so you can spend on the things that you WANT! Get $$$ tips on Facebook: Become Shoppertunistic~Coupon Class.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sham"rocking" FUN! {Beers Around the World Party}


Beers Around the World
  I used this FUN Font to create banners around the house.  I just colored the bottom of the glass yellow so it was like beer.  You can spell out whatever you'd like! Find it HERE}

This was our 4th Annual Beers Around the World Party.
We usually host it around St. Patrick's Day but have also done it for Oktoberfest.

Each couple or person, represents a country of their choice,
They bring beer and a appetizer or dessert from their country.
Costumes are optional. We've done it both ways.  SO fun!

  The Party Hosts~My Hubby, Ryan & Myself 

Our Party Ensembles
Ryan is wearing an I Heart Beer Shirt {$5 from Walmart}
I am wearing a Green dress from Tulle {Clearance for $7}
A cream sweater from Ann Taylor {$30}
Headband/Hat from Walmart {$3}
Shoes Clearance from 6pm.com {$15}
Luck Lady Necklace from Juicy {a gift from a friend}


I REALLY enjoy these shoes!


    

Party Decor
&
The party guests all wrote their name and date by the beer they brought for the party.

$5 at Marshals.


Some party snacks.
I was thinking "bar food"
Peanuts, pretzels, and chocolate gold coins.
I found this bowl at Marshal's for $9!


Little sample glasses for the guests to sample each of the beers "Around the World."

I order these HERE.


My handsome bartender hubby, Ryan.
Our Country was Ireland and we chose Guinness.
We also made Black and Tans 
&
Irish Car Bombs {which taste like a milkshake!  YUMMY! We used the plastic beer shot glasses to hold the Irish Creme, we found a brand named Ryan's, so it didn't break our teeth.  They sunk to the bottom too.}



For another one of snacks I made Rainbow Cake Pops.

These cost less than $3 to make.  Cracks me up that they are $1.50 each at Starbucks.
Good portion control though.  

They are VERY inexpensive to make but require a LOT of time & patience.

I used a Rainbow Chip cake mix but the rainbow chips all blended up and you couldn't tell.

I place the Cake Pops in a vintage jar filled with Lucky Charms!

LOVE the way it turned out!




Around the World Beer Sampling Table

I just went to Google images and typed the names of the countries represented and looked for their flags.
I saved the images and added the Country's name to each flag.
When the guests arrived I placed one of their beers on their Country's flag.
You could have each Country decorated with a defining item too if you'd like.
I recommend placing the flags in a page protector since they will get spilled on and get messy.
That way you can use them again for next time too.



This was SUCH a fun party! 
Another tip from a past event was to create a "Passport."
The "Passport" can be used as a info collecting space so guest remember what beers they really enjoyed at the end of the night, since there will probable be a LOT that are new to them.

Enjoy the frugal fun!


Your Good Luck Charm!

SHOP St. Patrick's Day Jewelry 






Get your St. Patrick's Day Makeup 



















No comments:

Post a Comment