My Shoes

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
The Art of Frugal Living~CREATE, EAT, SHOP, SAVE, & LIVE a charmed life. This is a where I share how I lead a luxurious, yet frugal life. Friends don't keep beauty secrets. I'd love to introduce you to Younique's natural line of skincare are makeup! Save on the things you need so you can spend on the things that you WANT! Get $$$ tips on Facebook: Become Shoppertunistic~Coupon Class.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spending Plan Check In~Week 2


I am seriously CRAZY in LOVE with this piggy bank graphic!  Savings can be glamorous!  I also enjoy the Tiffany blue accents!  I hope you do too!


We have made a big commitment to living within our means and working towards paying off our debts this month.  We have been taking our first steps:

~Budget planning (read more at: http://www.glammore.com/Site_2/Blog/Entries/2010/9/5_A_VERY_Different_Date_Night.html)

~Removing the debit cards from our wallets

(read more at: http://www.glammore.com/Site_2/Blog/Entries/2010/9/12_Spending_Plan_Check_In.html)



This past week I had some experiences and situations to share with you about this process.

1.  I challenged my thoughts to change from "I deserve this_______" to "I am content or I can have that free at home."  I found myself making more coffees at home instead of hitting up Starbucks' drive thru.  This was a big $$$ saver and I got to model that process to my kids too.  "Yes, you can have a smoothie but I will make it for you when we get home."

2.  We got our new $$$ for the month.  We use a envelope system for budgeting, and have for 12 years.  However, this week I made some helpful tweaks! (http://www.daveramsey.com/article/dave-ramseys-envelope-system/lifeandmoney_budgeting/)

     *I only put my spending $$$ for the WEEK in my wallet and put the rest of my $$$ in an envelope.  
       knowing that if I have it with me I WILL, and have in the past, borrowed against it.  Leaving me
       with less than what I needed, resulting in debt.  Much more proactive!

     * I put a percentage of my spending $$$ in an envelope that I call my G.L.A.M. Account.  This is
        money that I can spend on WHATEVER I'd like! I am adding to my G.L.A.M Account the money
        that I save shopping strategically too.  I am currently saving for NEW fall boots and clothes.

     * I was REALLY able to stretch my budget this week at Rite Aid buying Johnson & Johnson        
        products and transferring prescriptions which was a HUGE budget saver and $$$ maker!  The $59
        that I made doing these two EASY tricks paid for our family birthday party beverages and toys
        for my boyz' birthday!

Watch how you can do it too here:
        http://www.glammore.com/Site_2/Blog/Entries/2010/9/15_Make_%249_Buying_8_Bottles_of_Johnson_%26_Johnson!.html

http://www.glammore.com/Site_2/Blog/Entries/2010/9/15_Make_UP_to_%2450_at_Rite_Aid!.html

All in all, I'd say it was a successful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment